Download Rufus USB: Rufus is a desktop application used to create a bootable USB drive. Rufus A bootable USB drive is used for storing the Operating System which boots from the USB drive or to install Operating Systems directly into the USB if OS supports live boot. Rufus is a very small executable application supported on Windows. Rufus download comes as a single executable file and you no need to install the application on your hard drive. One more main advantage of the Rufus USB is you can directly run the Rufus USB on a single click. Rufus USB is the open source tool and you can get the source code from https://github.com/pbatard/rufus. Rufus is developed on the Visual Studio IDE which is the closed source but the application they publish are produced using MinGW/GCC. It is also used to flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS. Rufus is the small and easy-to-use tool if you need to make a bootable drive.
Format USB: You can easily format the USB, flash card, and virtual drives to the following Formats.
Create Bootable: Create DOS bootable USB drives. You can create any Bootable drives from the ISO formatted Image file.
Create Live OS: You can create live OS easily using Rufus Download like Ubuntu, Kali or any other Linux based Operating Systems.
Languages: Rufus USB supports many languages and you no need to worry about the mother tongue. You can find the supported languages in upcoming topics.
Check Bad Blocks: You can check bad blocks of the Removable drive up to 4 passes.
Quick Format: Perform one-click quick format.
Rufus Download supported Language:
The following languages are supported by Rufus USB booting application.
- Chinese simplified
- Chinese Traditional
- Portuguese Brazilian
- Portuguese Standard
Steps to make it boot:
- Plug the USB drive into your system
- Choose the file system you want
- Choose minimum cluster size
- Write the volume label if you need anything
- Click Quick format checkbox
- Browse and Choose ISO image you want to write to USB
- Click READY button
- That’s all Rufus will prepare the bootable drive for you
Things to note:
- Rufus will erase all the data on your pen drive
- Make a backup of your data
- It may take time according to the image size.
Rufus Download Versions:
- Ensure that the same drive is reselected on device refresh
- Add a cheat mode to cycle the USB port of currently selected device
- Make lookup for updatable .cfg file more generic (e.g. ESET SysRescue)
- Fix to handle of multiextent ISOs (e.g. BlackArch Linux)
- Fix propagation of image decompression errors
- Update grub4dos to latest
- Add support for Debian 9 live ISOs in UEFI mode
- Add support for Super Floppy Disk “partitioning” mode
- Add support for more non-USB card readers
- Strengthen download update checks, to prevent attack scenarios that leverage user unawareness
and you can see more logs at https://github.com/pbatard/rufus/blob/master/ChangeLog.txt.
Download Rufus USB:
You can download lightweight small Rufus tool from our Rufus download page. Click the below link to navigate to Rufus download page.
No need to fear the requirements of this application. As we already said it is a very lightweight application comes with the size of 900kbs. Because of no installation, it will not consume extra hard disk memory. It is single window application so RAM consumption is very low. Rufus supports from Windows Xp to Windows 10.
If you don’t know how to make the Operating System bootable from USB. Then Rufus is the best choice. You can create live OS, Bootable drives, and more things. You can remove bad blocks on your removable drive easily.
Rufus windows 10
Create bootable USB